| FULLY FURNISHED|| SELF CATERING|| SERVICED|| INTERNET|
| EN SUITE ROOMS|| WASHING MACHINE|| PARKING|| 24 HOUR SECURITY|
| LAUNDRY / CLEANING PROVIDED|| COOK / MEALS AVAILABLE||
Immersed within five acres of tumbling gardens, this charismatic family-friendly manor house is a short stroll from Mirissa’s sultry southern sands. Home to four ensuite bedrooms, breezy living and dining space and a fully equipped kitchen, this recently renovated colonial abode beautifully blends graceful period features with a contemporary interior design. Vivid modern artwork dots the walls, cushy beanbags languish atop cool cement floors and a select sprinkling of antiques and artefacts elegantly furnish the villa’s refreshingly minimal interiors.
Modern distractions are absent here as the emphasis is on relaxing and making the most of the gorgeous tropical beaches and activities nearby. The house is wrapped by expansive lawned gardens home to a meandering pond and a steep bank from whose summit proffers stunning panoramic views over Mirissa’s colourful harbour and across Weligama’s wide sweep of sandy, palm-fringed bay. Formerly the home of an ayurvedic doctor, Sri Wedamadura comes with a discreet staff team who keep the house clean and secure, and prepare your meals for you on request. Provisions for food and drink are charged at cost price.
Sri Wedamadura’s four garden-view fan-cooled bedrooms are situated across two floors. Each features either a double or two single four-poster beds draped in soft mosquito netting, a wardrobe and a contemporary ensuite bathroom with rain shower. Two bedrooms – a double and a twin – open from the ground floor living room whilst a further two twin bedrooms are accessed off the landing on the first floor. A rear staircase from the dining veranda leads to this upper floor.
The living and dining areas are all situated on the ground floor. At the front of the house is a deep garden-view veranda scattered with rattan chairs, which leads straight into a beanbag-furnished living room illuminated by a skylight. Beyond the living room is a spacious, open-sided dining veranda elegantly furnished with a dining table for 10 overlooking the exotic foliage of the leafy back garden. Just off this dining area is a fully equipped kitchen finished in smooth grey cement.
Sri Wedamadura is enveloped by a lush private garden, and situated in the sleepy village of Mirissa on Sri Lanka’s south coast. Both Mirissa’s harbour – the launchpad for coastal cruises and whale watching trips – and tranquil palm-fringed beach are a handy stroll away from the villa whilst Weligama’s enigmatic curve of coastline – popular with surfers – takes ten-minutes to reach by car.
- Laundry service
- Equipped kitchen
- Five acre garden
Things to do
- Hit the beach! Mirissa and Weligama are great for swimming and surfing.
- Set sail! Activities include deep-sea fishing and coastal cruising.
- Take a river safari and seek out birds, wildlife and scenery.
- Tour a lowland tea estate and see how tea is produced in their factory.
- Seek out whales and dolphins in the deep sea (Nov-April only).
- Learn to dive, go snorkelling or surf at one of many renowned points.
- Visit historic Galle Fort: enjoy the sights, boutiques and many cafes.
- Journey inland and discover Galle’s magical rainforests and reserves.
- Bliss out in a local spa, or have the therapists come to you!
- Take advantage of the villa’s serenity and practice yoga or meditation.
- Explore Matara’s two charming Dutch forts and Buddhist island temple.
- Ascend Dondra’s lighthouse, situated on the island’s southernmost tip.
For more villas in Sri Lanka please log on to www.villasinlanka.com