How much does it cost to post my ad on your site?
All ads are absolutely free.
Whom do I contact to inquire about an accommodation or car hire?
The contact details of the advertisers will be displayed on the More Details Page of each ad. Please click on the 'More >>' link of each ad to visit this page.
I am visiting Sri Lanka on holiday. Will you be able to find me an accommodation or car hire?
Unfortunately we do not provide that service. Please browse/search our site for ads for your liking and contact the advertisers of those ads directly.
How do I post my ad on your site?
All ads are absolutely free of charge on our site and you can post your ad by following the simple steps below.
1) You will need to register with our site. You will only need to enter your name, username, password and email address to register. You can register on this page:
2) Once registered you will have 3 buttons to select. Please click on the ‘Add a new Ad' button.
3) You will then need to select the category to which you are posting your ad (eg: Accommodation, Car/Van hire, Tour/services etc.). Please click on the appropriate button to proceed
4) You can enter the details of your ad at this stage and press the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page to proceed.
5) You will now be presented with two options – whether to finish posting the ad (without pictures) or add pictures. Kindly select the appropriate option by clicking on the button. If you selected to ‘Finish Posting' then you have completed posting your ad and your ad will be available immediately on our site.
If you selected to upload images, then you simply need to select the images and press the UPLOAD button. After this your pictures will be uploaded and your ad posting process will be completed. For more help with uploading pictures please visit our image upload guide.
Click here to register and get started with posting your ad.
How do I edit my ad after I have posted it ?
You will need to Login and then select 'View / Edit / Delete ads'
I have forgotten my password
If you have forgotten your password, please go to Lost Password page and enter your Username and Email. Your password will be emailed to you. If you cannot remember your Username, please Contact us.
What are upgraded/promoted ads?
Upgraded ads allow you to promote your ad to be placed permanently on the front page of the relevant category for a period of 30 days. To upgrade an ad, please login and click on the 'View / Edit / Del ads' option, then click the 'Upgrade' button next to the ad you wish to upgrade.
How it works
- By upgrading your ad to a Platinum or Gold status you get guaranteed placement on the first page of your relevant category (eg. first page of Accommodation section for acommodation ads) for a period of 30 days.
- There is only a limited number of places available on the first page and when all places have been taken you will need to wait until one becomes available. We will show when the next slot will be available if the current holder does not renew their ad.
- Each upgraded ad will be valid for 30 days. You will need to renew the upgrade if you need to extend beyond 30 days. You will be able to renew the ad 5 days before the upgrade expires. Once the upgrade expires the slot will be available for anyone to use and if all the slots have been taken you will need to wait until one becomes available again.
- Your ad will be displayed, as currently, only on relevant results. Eg. if the ad was for a Colombo apartment, it will appear under all Colombo listings however will not appear under Dehiwala listings.
- If you upgrade to a status other than Platinum you will be able to upgrade to a higher status at anytime during the upgrade valid period (subject to availability). However you will need to pay the full price of the new upgrade status and will not get a refund for the remainder of your existing status.
- Prices are subject to change in future and you will need to pay the rates at that time when renewing
- Payments can be made using your credit or debit card online
My ad is on the site but I do not have login details
Please register with us to create a new
account and re-submit your ad. Then let us know via the Contact
us form your old ad so we can delete it.
The city I'm looking for isn't in the list
If you are posting a new ad, please add the city on the section provided. Else
contact us and let us know the city that you would
What if I am not satisfied with the service provided by an advertiser?
LankaHolidays.com is not responsible or provides guarantees for any services
provided by any advertisers. You will need to take up this issue with the relevant
advertiser/service provider or courts of law. Please read our Terms
and Conditions for more information.
How do I find the geo data for my ad?
You will be able to find the Latitude or Longitude of your location from Google Maps or by following the simple steps below:
1) Visit the site http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/maps/googleMapLocation.php?lat=6.910067&lon=79.859619
2) Select your location using the zoom and navigation buttons (on top left of map) and your mouse and once you have found it, click on your location. The Latitudes and Longitudes will be shown on the map itself and also on the right side. Copy that information into the
boxes when adding/editing your ad.